Review: Allegiant

Allegiant Allegiant by Veronica Roth
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really like the story, the characters, the setting, and I finally figured out what was driving me nuts about the book: the narrator of my audiobook. READ THE PAPERBACKS, avoid the audiobooks! I like the inner conflicts of the characters, and that the new boss is the same as the old boss, so to speak. I'm not sure I agree with how they handle it in the end, but it did stop a lot of bloodshed, granted. I'm glad I read the trilogy, but wish I'd made the time to read it on paper.

I couldn't put my finger on it, for two books. Allegiant has two narrators (they brought in a male for the Tobias point of view) and he wasn't a great narrator either, but it gave me contrast. The female narrator of the books doesn't change her voice for other characters. There are times that I can't tell Tris stopped talking and someone else started talking! She doesn't breathe between sentences, often she breathes in the middle of sentences (breaking them off and making them sound confusing).

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect