Review: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Graphic Novel


Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Graphic Novel
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Graphic Novel by Seth Grahame-Smith

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Tucked into this gem a few days ago and just, loved it. Yes, the language is as verbose and flowery as the novel it's based on. It takes certain liberties with the story in order to fit in the concept that the nearly every human left must be a warrior in some fashion (the men more the women, of course), and I kept having to think "that's outRAGEous.. no wait, think Klingon, would a warrior-race find that acceptable?" You might need to have liked the story to really understand everything, due to liberties taken. All in all, I loved the way it was adapted.

The art is wonderful! I really love the "uncolored sketch" style of the work. It has it's flaws here and there (the card players number and places switch at the table a few times, in order to change perspective and angle). I just loved it.

I definitely recommend it to anyone that happens to like both zombies and 19th century literature!



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect