Don Giovanni...

Last October I bought myself birthday tickets to Mozart's 'Don Giovanni' (an opera, circa 1780s). I requested the shift off last January. My current work schedule (and Shane's Drill schedule) meant
1. Off 1530.
2. Home to walk/feed dog, shuck uniform, grab dinner from fridge,
3. hit road just at pre-rush hour to Miami.
4. Pick up husband from drill, eat,
5. Get to Opera House, Curtain at 7.
When I got there a bus was dumping soldiers and the lots were packed. It was more efficient to get dressed in the car. Ever tried to put on a garter belt, in a parked car, with a pulled sternocleidomastoid?
Oh, then after the opera, dump hubby back at drill, drive home, walk/feed dog, out by 1230, up today 0630, finals start finals this Monday. kek

The opera itself was supercool. It's easy to dislike Don Giovanni (our main character slash antagonist) while liking the way he was written. The sidekicks are always cooler though (go Leporello!) When Donna Anna's fiance (see, don't even remember the dude's name) I wanted to poke him in the eye. Love and vengeance are fine, but holy cow stop whining! Donna Elvira was awesome, her actress playing her great! They did it all in a vision of a mottled early 1900s, maybe 30s? I dunno, there was handguns (a few) and flashlights, sunglasses, but it was hard to peg. Donna Elvira wore pants when she was being hardnose: muwahaha! Shane only fell asleep 7-8 times, which is pretty good for us both getting up pre-6am. He says he had fun. I'm glad he says so :P

I'll have to con hubby back into his suit so you can see how cute he is! I don't have many photos, but it was very eye-catching (when Donna Anna's whiner wasn't whining...) There was times when I just watched the orchestra play, seeing all the bows whip back in time is surreal.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect