5k and Wilmington Beach!

I'll add the pics later of course, because I'm not on my own computer and can't get to them :P



Today we woke up at 430a and drove our groggy selves down to Wilmington. Not being able to have breakfast, so you don't throw up everywhere on a run is... a humbling emperience. (It also makes breakfast taste SO MUCH BETTER when you finally get to eat it!) ...

We picked up our timing chips, race numbers, and Tshirts. The timing chips get tied into the shoelace of one shoe, so your time can be tracked individually. This allows the people who have to start at the back of the mob to not be jipped out of those 60 seconds it takes them to cross the starting line. Our Tshirts (which btw look like an advertisement for the Great Pumpkin) we stashed in the car with everything else. My number was 41 (which made me giggle because I spent the whole week joking about how I hoped I got a number with a 4 in it :P). Shane was a bit behind me (the numbers being assigned alphabetically by last name) at 70.


The race started out well enough. My lame aches and pains trying to poke their evil heads up and of course getting lost in the rush of getting to run. It hurt, but it felt good to be doing it. I was worried about my knee, but it didn't bother me the whole time. I wanted to die a little over half way through, but I was so worried that I'd fall behind the Navy guys calling Cadence behind us. I finished. We crossed the finish line with me begging to be able to finish. I couldn't believe I finished. I finished, 7th in my age group (females) at 29min and 13seconds. Shane came in 5th at the same time cause he ran with me the whole way. (We figured out that also means I came in 5th in the mens :D In our age group, as a whole, we came in 11th. I'm so proud of myself. My knees and feet hurt lol, but I'm so happy.



After trying to kill ourselves, and paying to do it, we ate a huuuuuge breakfast at Cracker Barrel. With full bellies we headed down to Carolina beach to set up camp and bake in the sun all day. Unfortunately, you need a 4 wheel just to get in. SOOOOOO we went back to Wimington and hunted out a place to park at Wrightsville beach. We got SO BURNED. He looks like a walking tomato! I myself may be a few shades redder than a normal human... Especially because the new bathing suit doesn't cover all the same areas as my old one. Owie.


We spent the day toasting until we finally went home, had dinner and watched bad movies all night :D


Ok, I'm passing out at the keyboard. Time to go! I will fill in much more later, if I remember.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect